Translate

Thursday 7 August 2014

Grr technical difficulties

Hello crafty peeps, I was planning on adding some photos to this blog post but unfortunately I can't get the PC I'm using to upload the photos from my Kodak Mini camera! I briefly got the PC to acknowledge the existence of the photos but failed to import them and now its claiming there isn't any or some such nonsense! I hate technology sometimes lol. Anyway enough of my Luddite tendencies, the reason for this blog entry is because my remaining orders arrived yesterday :). The first thing to share is Berol Water Soluble Pencils which I got from Amazon for about a fiver inc P+P. I bought these because the craft imps have stolen my best set though of course now I've got these I've discovered a tin of Tesco watercolour pencils (a bit rubbish to tell the truth but there is 24 colours including white!) in a drawer, the air was blue with my ensuing cursing when I found them. What made it even more vexing is I'd turned my crudy (my affectionate name for what the council claims is a second bedroom but which in reality is a generously sized cupboard) upside down and failed to find the Tesco pencils. Does anyone else out there have craft imps? Creatures that cruelly steal much beloved and needed craft stash only to replace them when you've gone out and bought new ones? No? Just me then!

Craft imps aside, my other order was from Inspire Creationz (www.inspirecreationz.com). This is probably my favourite site and it's one I stumbled onto when I was looking for the Santoro stamps., not the Gorguss Girls ones but the Mirabelle stamps. One of the many reasons I love Inspire Creationz is the fact I can buy up to date items at a reasonable price, plus if your order is over £25 the P+P is free! Claire and Sharon who own the online shop have recently started a loyalty scheme so for every £10 you spend you get a point and once you've got 10 points they send you a discount code for £10 off your next order (t&c apply), I've already had one discount code and I used it on this order, I found it easy enough to spend £30 instead of my usual £25 thus getting 3 points instead of 2 and it soon adds up. Claire and Sharon often slip an extra something into the package too which is a lovely surprise when I open it up. There's a sale on some of the 12"x12" papers at the moment so my order included 8 sheets from the Ruby Rock-It BELLA! AT LAST Collection at 60p each, I still haven't scrapbooked my wedding photos nearly 3 years on so these Wedding themed papers are perfect for when I get round to doing them. I also got a sheet of Kaisercraft Hidden Treasures Bazaar for 85p which is nice and grungy. I also treated myself to the Santoro Mirabelle A4 Premium Paper Pad - I hadn't realised that the papers are identical to the other front piece designs - not sure if that makes sense but there are 5 stamps I think in the collection and the A4 pad I got in my order had the Drift Away image on it, I have the 6"x6" paper pad which has the Pursuit of Happiness image on the front piece and the papers are identical to the ones in the A4 pad  - hope that is clear. There was a special offer on the Prima Marketing Cartographer Brads, Tags and Flowers so they only cost £9 - not sure what full price is but I felt like I got a good deal.

The remaining items in my order are stamps, I got 7 Gypsies Hampton Art Butterflies cling stamps for £5.99, Bo Bunny Wall To Wall Textures Acrylic Stamp set also £5.99 and Dreamees Hexagons Clear Background stamp set at £3.50. The last item wasn't in the package so I emailed them today and within 30 minutes I got a reply! Amazing customer service - other sites could learn a lot from Inspire Creationz. Hopefully my stamp set will be with me in the next couple of days but in the meantime I have a lot of goodies to play with.

With a bit of luck and probably some research on the Internet I should have some photos to share but in the meantime, keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs, Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx