Translate

Thursday 4 September 2014

Crafty Goodies

Hello crafty peeps, I'm sorry I haven't posted a blog for a while, I've been busy making cards for a couple of cardmaker of the year competitions and time has gone passed quicker than I realised. I'm experiencing a bit of a crafty block at the moment so I thought a change of gear by blogging would refresh and inspire me. I'd be interested to know what you do to break a craft block so please leave a comment below if you'd like to share.

I had a couple of parcels arrive on Tuesday, one from Every Crafts A Pound (www.everycraftsapound.co.uk) and the other from Make the Day Special Stamp Store (http://makethedayspecial.co.uk). Every Crafts A Pound have loads of Christmas stuff in and even though I've probably got more Christmas themed stuff than I could use in a life time I bought more (hangs head in shame) though with the exception of a few items, most of the stuff will be going into my everyday craft stash as they don't scream Christmas. The items which will definitely be going in my Christmas stash are 4 sheets of Red Tartan Card, 4 sheets of Green Tartan Card, 2 packs of Crafters Companion "The Snowman" epoxy stickers and roughly a half of a pack of Dovecraft "Back To Basics" Modern 8x8 paper pack because a lot of the papers are more generic designs which I'll probably use all year round. These 8x8 papers were a total bargain at only £1 instead of £4.99, I just wish you were allowed to order more than 1 pack but I can understand why you're restricted to just one per order - this is the first time I've come across any such restrictions on this site, usually you can order as many as you want. The rest of the Christmas items in my order were 2 packs of "Back to Basics" Modern Gems, Dovecraft "'Tis the Season" resin flowers, BTB Modern Twine, Dovecraft "Santa's Workshop" resin flowers, SW twine, Dovecraft "Winter Wonderland" twine and SW red washi tape. The rest of my order consisted of Crafters Companion Fairyoplis rub ons, Dovecraft natural adhesive gemstones which turned out to be green (I was expecting them to be clear!), 2 packs of Scrapbook Adhesives 3 Photo CD pockets (in sale for 50p each), a pack of 468 pastel adhesive gemstones and a small bottle of Anitas Tacky PVA Glue. My order came to £21 plus £4.95 shipping.

My second order from Make the Day Special Stamp Store is a lot smaller and consists of only 4 items. I was hoping to get the "Time Warp" stamp which matches the "In a Galaxy far,far away" stamp mentioned in a previous post, but it was out of stock so instead I got Avery Elle " #Smile" stamp set priced £5.95 which is a really cute Polaroid Camera stamp with various # sayings included. I have a Kaisercraft stampset in the Captured Moments range which has a Polaroid Photo stamp so I'm planning on using them together at some point. This is the first time I've purchased an Avery Elle stamp so I'm looking forward to trying it. As it happens all the items I purchased are by companies I've not used in the past. The other stamp set I purchased is one from Unity Stamp Company and is called "Get Well Soon" it's designed by Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker and was in the discontinued section of the website priced £6.00. It's obviously aimed at an American market with the "My Boo Boo! sentiment but the rest of the images are very cute and I love the little sticking plaster stamp and the germs which could be used as aliens or little cute monsters. My only complaint was the stamp sheet doesn't come with a plastic carrier sheet just a piece of card which I don't like to use with cling mount stamps, but that's easily remedied with a cut down sheet of acetate. The remaining items in my order are two die sets. The first is Lil'inker Designs Spring Flowers Dies priced at £8.95 for two flowers, two centres and two leaves. The flowers are 5 petals and look like they'll be good for layering and shaping to make 3D blooms. The last item in my order is WPlus9  "Love Notes" die priced £4.95 which consists of two different sized closed envelopes and a jean pocket with a heart motif on each die. Not very big but very cute all the same.

I hope you'll check out the two websites mentioned in this posting, so far I've had brilliant customer service from them and if you want bargains then Every Crafts a Pound is a fantastic place to get cheap quality (for the most part) craft items and if being on trend with the USA is more your thing then Make the Day Special is a site I'd highly recommend (FYI if you're into the whole sequin trend then I'd recommend checking out places such as Boyes and Yorkshire Trading shops as they sell sequins for a fraction of the price of the ones crafting companies are bringing out, they may not be mixed colours like the collections you can buy but the ones I bought from Yorkshire Trading were 90p for 110g * make that 10g compared to £2.50 for a pack of mixed at MTDS store - not sure how many in a pack because it doesn't say but it didn't look many).

Well that's all my crafty news for now. Until next time keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,
Sarah xx

*Note: just realised I'd added an extra 1 to the 10g making it 10 times the weight! Sorry about any confusion and I hope any blog readers didn't rush to Yorkshire Trading for the sequins. Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I just wanted to thank you for the comment you left on my blog this week. I have done some more card making tutorials since the 10 minute ones, they are on my channel and on my blog :) Unfortunately the 10 minute challenge is not running any more but I will try and do more tutorials on a regular basis. Thanks so much for your feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, thanks for getting back to me - yours is the first comment on my blog! I've gone back and watched most of your card tutorials which is why I'm keen to see more. Congrats btw on having The Card Grotto feature as one of the Websites of the month in Quick Cards Made Easy, you must be really pleased.
      Sarah x

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx