Translate

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Seriously Impressed...

Hello crafty peeps, welcome to my crafty nook.  Well I've got to say I'm seriously impressed with Clearly Besotted Stamps, I placed an order with them at about 1am and I've already had an email from them saying it's been dispatched! If the stamps and dies are as good as the dispatching then I can see myself becoming "Clearly Besotted" with this company! Lol I'll have to get my hubby to give me more housekeeping at this rate as I'll still want to shop at my top two websites www.everycraftsapound.co.uk and www.inspirecreationz.com. I've been trying a few new online shops but these two remain my favourites.

I've also had an email confirmation from Amazon saying my order of two black Wink of Stella pens have been dispatched by Monochrome Solutions, again very impressive as I ordered that in the early hours of today too! I also ordered two clear Wink of Stella pens from a different supplier (not sure who at this point) at the same time but they haven't been sent yet. I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me to try Amazon for Wink of Stella pens before now, I suppose I wanted to stay loyal to my original supplier (not yet mentioned on this blog) but I emailed the company nearly 6 weeks ago asking them to let me know when the clear Wink of Stella became available again and although I got an initial email saying that they'd inform me when they next came in I've not heard anything since. As a result I've been hoarding the one pen I have got and my cards and projects have been a lot less sparkly then I'd like. Dare I say that the suppliers I chose on Amazon are quite a bit cheaper too! The black pens only cost £2.96 with £2.65 P&P and the clear pens were £3.79 each with free p&p. My first Wink of Stella pen cost £4.99 plus £1.75 p&p which I thought very reasonable at the time.

Crafting goodies aside, the next crafting project I need to start is an Anniversary card for my lovely hubby and as usual I have a complete craft block! What is it about men's cards that makes them so hard to do? I suppose things are not helped by the fact that most of the craft stuff I buy is cute or girly - or worse glittery! Thank goodness for baker's twine and buttons, otherwise I wouldn't have any embellishments for men's cards. As the third Anniversary is leather I may try the Sheena Douglass 'faux leather' technique using kraft card and glycerin. I've done it before and it turned out ok but a word of warning to anyone who tries this technique themselves (check You Tube for tutorials) when you've finished with the glycerin/water mixture don't leave it in the bottle for weeks like I did because it gets black balls of mold floating about after a few weeks. I ended up throwing the spray bottle away! When I've done the card I shall put up a couple of pics on this blog. If you click on my profile I've uploaded a couple of photos of cards I've made which I hope you'll enjoy. If you want any details on the techniques or supplies used please comment either below or on the relevant photo.

That's all my crafty news for now so until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx