Translate

Tuesday 25 November 2014

Gardening Pocket card inspired by thefrugalcrafter - Lindsay Weirich

Hello crafty peeps - welcome to my crafty nook! Today I would like to share a card I've made for my friend Jean. It's her birthday at the end of the week and as she lives in the town I used to live in, it means I'm unlikely to see her on her actual birthday so I wanted to include a little gift with her card that wouldn't cost a fortune to post. Lindsay Weirich (thefrugalcrafter on YouTube) had a project a few days ago for making pockets to fill with paper and crayons to entertain the kids during Thanksgiving, I thought this was a fantastic idea to have as a card topper and fill with a few gardening goodies.

Gardening themed card using Lindsay Weirich's paper pocket technique
Please check out Lindsay Weirich's YouTube videos under thefrugalcrafter for instructions on how to make the double pocket, the only thing I would suggest is to stick the inside edges of the pockets with thin red liner tape as I found that the washi tape isn't strong enough to keep the edges closed. I used Docrafts Papermania Home to Nest papers to make the pocket and the green backing sheet which I stamped randomly with flowers and a butterfly stamp taken from a Katy Sue Simpler Times (sorry not sure which one I used) using Memento London Fog ink. I diecut the Happy Birthday sentiment using a few die from one of my magazine subscriptions using teal glitter card which I mounted on black card once diecut and I adhered it to the card using black foam tape (love this stuff it means if you put it a little too close to the edge it's not as noticeable as using white foam tape). I added two seed packets and a couple of plant ties and plant labels to the pockets then arranged the card as shown.

I hope you like what I've made and thanks to Lindsay Weirich for her original idea. If you have any questions or comments please leave them after this post. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx