Translate

Friday 28 November 2014

Robot card for Jack

Hello crafty peeps - welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've managed to get some crafty Black Friday bargains - I haven't due to lack of funds (we've only bought TWO Christmas presents so far - eek!!) but I've been drooling over all the bargains out there.

To distract me from all the stuff I can't afford to buy I've been looking through my crafty stash and have used a few things that I've had for a while but haven't had the chance to use yet, and I've made a Robot themed card for my nephew who celebrates his birthday on the 29th December.

Robot card with movable cogs.

This card was made using a Kaisercraft stamp set called "Technologic" and the HB2U stamp came from a Clearly Besotted Stamp set called "TEXT ME". I embossed the black cardstock using a Sizzix embossing folder called "Dots", the folder isn't that large so I embossed first one side of the card then lined up the folder to emboss the other side. To highlight the dots I rubbed over it with silver gilding wax (sorry don't know the make as it came free with a magazine and the packaging doesn't have any details). I stamped, coloured then fussy cut the gears and punched a hole through the centres so that I could add brads through them and the embossed background. It's not lined up perfectly and I should have used thicker card but if you move the cogs they do actually move the others which I LOVE!!! I'm not going to go into any further details about how this card was made because it's just stamping and colouring with a hint of dry embossing. Of course if you do want a more detailed "How to make" please leave a comment below.

Close up of Robots

Another view of the Robot card with movable gears!

PRODUCTS USED

Kaisercraft "Technologic" Clear Stamps
Clearly Besotted "TEXT ME" stamps

Dovecraft 3mm "Masculine" brads

Sizzix 657253 Dots & Flowers set #2

Silver gilding wax

Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Kraft card
White card
Black card

ProMarkers in Ice Grey 1 & 2

Clear Wink of Stella Brush Marker

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my new creation, I'm planning on working on my Christmas cards over the weekend (I'm so behind!) so hopefully I'll have something to share on Monday. Until then - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx