Translate

Tuesday 2 December 2014

"Hark the Herald Angels Sing"...

Hello crafty peeps - welcome to my crafty nook and the second post today! Passion for ProMarkers has another challenge over on their blog and this time the theme is "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" and I thought I'd enter again after last week's break.

"And Lo! An Angel came upon them..." Messy Rabbit Christmas Card

I rediscovered these Joanna Sheen "Messy Rabbit" stamps and background papers in the Christmas stash I sorted out earlier and thought that this combination would make a great Christmas card for my sister's children still living at home as I have many a fond memory of going to Charlie's Christmas plays - my sister moved away before I could go and see Jack's - I think I may have been to at least one of Liam's too! I thought it would be a fun extra if I added cord to the wings so that it looks like the Angel is floating in the air (a bit ambitious for a school Nativity - it would never get passed the Risk Assessment!) and I popped the Angel up on pop dots to give a bit of definition to the piece.

PRODUCTS USED

Messy Rabbit from Joanna Sheen ~ Rabbit Nativity MR169 + Messy Angel MR165
                                                      Christmas Backgrounds 4

Cream card stock
White card stock

Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Pop Dots (Glue Dots)
Tattered Lace glue

Dovecraft Gold Glitter
Dovecraft clear Glitter

Brown Cord (The Works)

WRMK hole punch

PROMARKERS: Pastel Blue, Bluebell, Soft Peach, Ice Grey 1&2, Warm Grey 3, Cool Grey 1, Khaki, Umber, Sandstone, Caramel, Cinnamon and Gold

The images were stamped onto thin white card, coloured with the ProMarkers then fussy cut with a pair of scissors and a craft knife. I added a gold glitter halo to the rabbit, a little clear glitter to the side panels of his/her gown and stuck everything down once it was dry.

Close up of Messy Angel Image

Close up of Nativity Image

Another view of whole card
I really enjoyed this challenge and it was good to make a card that I have an intended use for. I just hope my niece and nephews like it too.

As always if you have any questions or comments about this card or anything crafty, please leave a comment below - I love to hear from fellow crafters or just interested people. Until next time - happy crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

4 comments:

  1. Very cute indeed, thank you for playing along with my challenge at PASSION FOR PROMARKERS & the very best of luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thank you for joining Passion for ProMarkers challenge this week. Hugs Lotta xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lotta for checking out my card :) crafty hugs Sarah x

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx