Translate

Friday 2 January 2015

2015 - my best year yet??


Happy New Year crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook!

I hope you have had a fantastic New Year, I'm full of cold but also full of excitement for the year ahead. I just know this year is going to be one full of promise and lots of crafting. Have you made any New Year's Resolutions? I have and one of them is to do some sort of craft work everyday. I would really like to finally learn how to knit properly, I can do the middle parts of scarves but can't seem to get my head round casting on and casting off and in the past I've had to get my mum to do it for me. I'd also love to learn how to crochet and luckily for me my mum-in-law knows how to do it so hopefully she'll teach me in the months to come (I also have an un-watched DVD called "How to crochet" kicking around the flat if I need extra help.)

I've made a Happy New Year card for a friend who's Christmas card got misplaced in my handbag which I'd like to share with you all.

Happy New Year Card
I've used A4 Kraft card for the base and the sentiment mat and Papermania Modern Christmas Chevron paper for the background. I used a length of Dovecraft Baker's Twine  wrapped around the front of the card and tied into a bow. The sentiment came from Debbie Moore's Art Deco Christmas pack from 2013 and the main topper was from a foiled set that came free with a magazine (sorry not sure which one, I'll amend this posting when I know). I went around the outer edge of the stamped sentiment with a silver Wink of Stella brush marker.

This is a very simple card to make and a good way to use up toppers and papers hanging around from Christmas.

I'm planning on writing shorter blogs this year but more frequently. Please let me know which blogs you prefer - short and often or longer more detailed blogs but only once a week or so.

As always please leave any questions or comment below, I'd love you to share your Crafty New Year's Resolutions here on this blog. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx