Translate

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Haul from Sizzix

Hello crafty peeps, welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you all enjoyed the weekend. We're experiencing some wintry weather here and even with the central heating on the flat is freezing! As a result I haven't done a lot of crafting this weekend but I did get my order from Sizzix today (Monday). I ordered some dies and embossing folders on the 16th January during the sale as my lovely husband gave me some Christmas money for craft stuff (always the best present) and it's certainly taken it's time to be processed - though I noticed they took the money out of the account pretty darn smartish!

I did my usual trick of not reading the small print in the description (I get too excited about potential new craft stuff) and I ended up getting three sets of Movers and Shapers dies which technically speaking actually need a special metal base tray or Movers and Shapers base dies to work neither of which I've actually got. However I discovered that if you put the card on the bottom cutting plate and lay the die on top of it face down, you can cut out the shapes as long as you add loads of card shims to it depending on your machine - I ended up using 3 mountboard shims and 3 card shims underneath the bottom cutting plate to make it cut all the way through, using a couple of the dies in one go helped too as they are rather small and it helps keep the cutting plates balanced if you use more than one die.
Eileen Hull Heart & Label Die set £2.75

Tim Holtz Mini Bird & Cage and Mini Crown & Fleur  £2.75 ea



Here are the photos of the rest of my purchases.

Originals Bird Cage (£2.24) and Peacock (£2.75) Dies by Rachael Bright 

Thinlits Leaves, Garden Dies by Susan Tierney-Cockburn (£3.74)

Sizzlits Die sets Decorative Vintage and Butterfly #2 @ £3.74 ea

Mason Jar Bigz Die with....

...Bonus Mason Jar Textured Impressions! £4.50

Echo Park Framelits Die and stamps For The Record#2 £4.99

Hero Arts Framelits Dies and Stamp set Chandeliers £4.99

Ferns & Seed Packet Embossing Folders £1.99

Texture Fades Embossing Folders Bingo & Patchwork by Tim Holtz £1.99

Close up of Patchwork Embossing Folder

Close up of Bingo Card Embossing Folder

Some of the things that I would have liked (some angel wings and a flying heart for example) had already sold out by the time I got to order but I'm really pleased with what I got and I'm so blessed to have a lovely husband whose so indulgent of my crafting obsession. I'm especially pleased to have the Tim Holtz embossing folders and the Mason Jar Die w/bonus Textured Impressions folder as I've wanted both for ages. Once my crudy's warmed up a bit I'll be playing with my new goodies and I'll share with you what I make with them. If you have any questions or comments, then please feel free to leave them below and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

P.S. OMG it's sleeting at the moment and there's just been 3 bursts of thunder - I nearly fell off my chair!! It's about 3.45am btw and as I couldn't sleep I thought I'd surf YouTube. Think I'd better log off in case we have lightning next!! - Just had to share xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx