Translate

Sunday 22 March 2015

Check It Out!

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! Today I'd like to share a card I've made for a good friend of mine, Kate who I've kind of lost touch with and it's inspired by this week's blog challenge over at Passion for ProMarkers. The theme is 'Check It Out' which I thought went perfectly with a MFT stamp - Pure Innocence "On A Picnic".

On A Picnic card inspired by the PFP challenge Check It Out!

The red and green checked papers came from the Riverside Revels paper stack from Dovecraft and I really love the red check paper because it's printed on canvas so has great texture which I accentuated by distressing the edges with a craft knife - it reminds me of a picnic blanket and I think it goes brilliantly with the picnic themed stamp set. The green plaid hill and sky paper came from a Travel themed scrapbook paper stack by DCWV which I've had for donkey's years. I just drew a curved hill top and cut it out with scissors. The main image and picnic basket were coloured in using ProMarkers and then I fussy cut both images out and arranged as shown. I used some foam tape to raise the picnic basket off the card. I used a 'hello' die from Clearly Besotted Stamps to die cut the word out twice, once in black and once using a scrap of metallic blue card I had left over from another project. I layered the two together slightly off set to give a shadow effect and stuck it down using Tattered Lace Detail glue. I made a 6.5" square card blank out of two sheets of A4 kraft card (one sheet was cut to 6.5" square and the other was cut to 7" x 6.5" and scored 0.5" in on the longest side to form a hinge which I stuck to the back of the 6.5" panel).

Close up of the main image

Close up of Hello

Close up of picnic basket
 I added clear Wink of Stella to the little girl's hair bow and to the picnic basket.

I hope you like my latest card, it's quite simple but I'm not keen on making heavily embellished cards. I'll be making a matching envelope using my WRMK envelope punch board assuming it goes up to 6.5" square envelopes - I shall have to check. Please feel free to comment in the usual places if you have any questions and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx