Translate

Tuesday 31 March 2015

I've been bad *hangs head in shame*

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a brilliant weekend, I've not done much crafting as I'm in a bit of a crafty slump. However my slump should be over now cos I've been very bad - I bought some crafty goodies!!One of the stamp ranges that I adore is Santoro's Simply Gorjuss from DoCrafts so I was delighted to learn that DoCrafts were releasing another set of 8 stamps in April. I've been counting the days down so you can imagine how thrilled I was to find that Create and Craft were releasing them early in sets of 4 for £22.98 inc p&p. Obviously I couldn't afford to purchase both sets but luckily the stamps I liked most were in set 1 so I ordered it and it came today! I hope to get the remaining 4 stamps at a later date and there is one especially I like called "Hush Little Bunny" (see below) I really love the bunny it reminds me of something from "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
Hush Little Bunny

The stamps in set 1 included "The Hatter", "The Owl", "Dear Alice" and "The Dreamer". I think the last two are probably my favourites especially "The Dreamer". 

The Owl

The Hatter

Dear Alice

The Dreamer
To add to the naughty purchases I went to my local craft shop and picked up issue 6 of Crafter's Companion's Inspiration magazine @ £9.99, I usually do get these from my local craft shop and although CC claim it has £50 worth of 'free stuff' to be perfectly frank I'm not sure how they've come up with this sum. I think it was the last issue which claimed it contained a 'wire beading set' and when I opened it, it contained about a foot of thin nasty quality wire (probably 30p worth at a push!) and 3 plasticky beads - really not sure what they expected anyone to make with it - a small crappy dream catcher perhaps? However I've been pleasantly surprised this time and the free gifts are at least worth the cover price of the magazine (I don't know about you but I'm often flabbergasted at how much craft magazines claim their free cover gifts are worth, about a month ago I got a mag with a stamp set similar to ones from ECAP and a paper pack which was a third of the size of the same paper pack I'd bought for a pound and the mag "claimed" it was worth a tenner!!) and they are very useable too. I've already got a couple of ideas about what I'm going to make but as we're having the girls on Wednesday I'll might have to wait until this weekend to have a play as I have loads to do before they arrive.

Well now my crafty confession is over I'd better go and do some cleaning in penance before bed. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx