Translate

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Cool Cats like Milk (Cartons)

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all well and have been up to lots of exciting stuff. It's all quiet here in my crafty nook, I'm slowly getting my craftroom back to normal after Charlie's visit - I keep finding things out of their packaging and stamps back in their packaging but not cleaned of ink *shudders* - this is really challenging my craft OCD! My latest crafting obsession is mini milk cartons. I've only made three so far but I'm loving making them and I expect I'll be making some to fill with sweets nearer to Christmas. I used an embossing/scoring board that came free with issue 136 of Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine that was on sale last month. The instructions in the magazine state cut your paper to 12x16cm but I discovered you could make a taller version using an 8" square sheet of scrapbook paper though the lip to stick the carton together on the longest side is very narrow (it can be done though) and you need to flip the card 90 degrees to carry on the score lines and ignore the final horizontal scoreline and add another one at the (new) top once you've flipped it, if these instructions are unclear please leave a comment below and I'll add a photo tutorial.

Mini Milk Cartons using embossing/scoring board
Cool Cats Milk Carton

Close up of Hobbycrafts Cat stamp coloured with Ice grey ProMarkers


"Stars" milk carton

Extra Tall Milk carton made using Trimcraft Fun Fair paper

Milk Cartons
I shall be experimenting using different sizes of paper/card to see what else can be made using this embossing board. I'm planning on filling these handy containers with bags of sweets and adding red liner tape to the top flap but leaving it unsealed so the recipient can take the sweets out of the bag and pour into the milk carton, seal it using the tape and pour out the sweets using the carton spout like you would milk. Home made bath salts would be good to give in one of these too but you'd need to use plastic coated card so it doesn't warp in the bathroom.

I hope you've enjoyed this project share as much as I did making them, if you'd like to make some yourself then please go to www.moremags.com where you should be able to order issue 136 of Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine, some issues may still be floating about in newsagents etc because issue 137 has only just come out. I'd love to learn how to make the American style Chinese Takeaway boxes next, I know you can get a die to make one but I'd love to be able to make one using a scoreboard, I'll have to Google it at some point. If you have any questions, comments etc please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx