Translate

Tuesday 30 June 2015

A CAS card for Kate (entry for Passion For ProMarkers Blog Challenge)

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all enjoying the mini heatwave, it's going to be even hotter tomorrow. I've even opened the window in my crudy so it must be hot! I've made a few cards since my last blog post but I'm only going to share one with you today as I'm waiting for the recipients to get their cards before I add them to my blog as at least one person who will be getting a card in the next day or two reads my blog and the other (actually both people are) is a Facebook friend so might see the card beforehand on my timeline. I'm fairly certain my friend Kate doesn't read my blog and as far as I know she doesn't go on Facebook anymore so I'm safe to show her card here. I've chosen a 'clean and simple' card to send to Kate for two reasons, it's her style and it fulfills the challenge over at Passion for ProMarkers. I really wanted to enter the challenge last week but was unable to enter it in time due to having a migraine that's still lingering 4 days after it started. I was determined to submit a card for this week's challenge and the theme of Clean and Simple suited me down to the ground.

Clean and Simple "Party Paws" card

I've used a Crafter's Companion stamp from the Party Paws range and coloured it in using a combination of ProMarkers and FlexMarkers. Once the image was coloured in I mounted it onto a white card blank using 3mm foam tape to give it a bit more interest while preserving the CAS feel to it. I also highlighted some of the image using clear Wink of Stella brush marker. I really like the CAS style mainly because I'm not very good at colouring in the backgrounds but feel obliged to with most cards.


The card from a different angle x

I hope you like my latest card - I think these images from Crafter's Companion are so cute and I can't wait to have a play with the other two images I have. As always if you have ant questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, I love the sweet image and beautiful colouring.
    Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. I really love the Party Paws images and have three stamp sets so far, I'm hoping to have them all at some point. Thanks for you lovely comment. Crafty hugs Sarah xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful CAS design, love the shoe image, it's so elegant! Thanks ofr entering your card at Passion for Promarkers this week and good luck! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. I'm more a handbag fan than a shoe fan but I really like this Party Paws stamp. Crafty hugs Sarah xxx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card Sarah. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at PFP this week for our CAS challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, I really enjoyed this week's challenge as I think I'm a CAS crafter at heart. I adore heavily embellished cards but have real difficulty making them myself. Crafty hugs, Sarah xxx

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx