Translate

Monday 15 June 2015

Crudy Reshuffle Update and a card share

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a good weekend, it's been raining and very cold here in Brid but it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today. I haven't got as far along in my crudy reshuffle as I would like - to begin with I managed to drop a couple of 12" x 12" spiral bound scrapbooks on my foot at the beginning of last week and although it took 3 days for the bruising to show it's still quite painful and I can't wear shoes yet. That obviously slowed me down somewhat not least because I was scared of dropping more stuff on it as I was transporting everything out so moved things a lot more carefully than I normally would. Now to add injury to injury I've managed to strain my shoulder and can't raise the elbow to shoulder height without a great deal of pain. To be honest I'm not sure if I've done it lugging boxes around or if I've just slept in a funny angle, my cat Jinx often pins me down while I'm asleep and it's not unknown for me to wake up with my body contorted in various weird shapes because Jinx has wanted to sleep in just so a spot lol. Regardless of how it occurred it's slowing me down somewhat and I'll be glad when it eases up. I'm half wishing I'd not started it in the first place as the entire flat is a pig sty, I'm quite shocked at how much stuff has come out of such a tiny space and I just hope I can get it back in once the breakfast bar is moved into place.

It's very frustrating having everything so disorganised, I really need to make a Father's Day card (have a great idea for one but can't either find or get to the supplies I need) and I was halfway through making a Prom card for my niece which I can't finish as I'm totally clueless to what I've done with the bits I'd already completed and the bits I need to do! I'm making her a card in the shape of a wardrobe using some printed toppers called "Grandma's Wardrobe" which I got from Every Craft's A Pound. They are uncoloured and have dots where the handles should be so you can personalise them and add brads or mini door handles on the drawers and wardrobe doors and I'm planning on cutting a flap on one side so it looks like an open door and having a rail inside with card clothes hanging off wire coat hangers. I've stamped and coloured all the clothes and stained a skewer to look like a rail so far, I've even decorated a long dress that looks a little like Charlie's Prom Dress although my version is a bit "My Fat Gypsy Wedding" compared with Charlie's actual dress and  I'm planning on hanging it on the outside of the closed wardrobe door - that is if I could find anything!

I did find enough supplies to make a card for the lovely Roxy who celebrated her birthday on Friday (I'm really hoping she got her card in time). 

Cupcake Card For Roxy
I recently found out that Roxy likes to bake and decorate cakes, I like to bake too although I'm not very good at it - the last cake I made set the oven on fire! - and I certainly give the decorating part a miss so I'm totally in awe of anyone who can make pretty cakes. I thought Roxy would like a cupcake themed card to celebrate both her birthday and her baking ability. To make this card I took a sheet of A4 cardstock and scored it at 1 1/2" and 3" and then folded the remainder of the card in half to make a card blank with a step at the front, I'm sure this sort of card has a special name but I don't know what it is but basically it's like a stepper card but with only one full length step and no cuts. I decorated the front panel using some Dovecraft Cupcake Boutique paper and decorated the front step panel using the matching washi tape in blue spots and stripes. The sentiment panel was stamped using the sentiments stamp set that's from the collection (it's the only stamp set of the collection that I have so far) and I decorated the ends using more washi tape and a couple of gems from the matching gems and pearls set. I wanted to keep the card fairly flat so just stuck this sentiment down to the back panel using wet glue. The cupcakes were made using a stamp set I got free with Simply Homemade Magazine last year which was called "Handmade Kitchen" and consisted of three stamps in total and 6 polka dot buttons. I stamped the cupcakes 4 times using a pigment ink (I should have used a different ink as this smudged a tiny bit but couldn't find any other) and coloured it in using my lovely W H Smiths watercolouring pencils - am I allowed to say that I'm rather proud of the cherries?? I think they look really glossy but that's just down to leaving a highlight spot on each one by not adding any colour, a trick I shall attempt to take with me for alcohol colouring! Once the cupcakes had been coloured and had dried completely, I fussy cut around them and added them to the front 'step' as shown. If I'd been able to find the supplies I would have added some clear Wink of Stella to the frosting and some Glossy Accents to the cherries to make them even more shiny. In case anyone was wondering how I got the cherries to be such an intense colour compared to the rest of the cupcakes, I coloured them by wetting the tip of the pencils and colouring directly onto the paper wetting the tip each time the colour changes from paint to pencil - this probably doesn't do your pencils a lot of good but does give you a really intense colour that just isn't possible by adding the water to the pencil coloured image. The 'paint' made by the water to tip method is opaque rather than the translucent paint you get using the normal method.





I hope you like my latest card, I shall add another post once my crudy is finished or by Friday at the latest as I really have to make the Father's Day card for my Dad-in-law. As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx