Translate

Sunday 21 June 2015

Happy Father's Day Card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a brilliant weekend. I'm lucky to have a wonderful father-in-law and as it's Father's Day today I thought I'd share the card I made for him.

Pop up box card for a super dad

I've never made a pop up box card before but when I saw some free papers in Papercraft Inspirations Magazine issue 126 (click here http://www.papercraftinspirationsmagazine.co.uk/category/downloads/free-fathers-day-papers-issue-126.htm) I knew I wanted to make this sort of card for Paul with them. I downloaded them from the magazine's website (click on link) and printed them onto 300gsm cardstock. I then cut out the elements I wanted and then watched a video on YouTube on how to make a pop up box card https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK-eQNFGxKU. Following the instructions I made the basic box card and decorated each panel with one of the printed papers then chose the cut out elements I wanted to have springing out of the box and added them to the box parts inside using strips of acetate. This makes the elements appear to float out of the box. I embellished the front and side panels with the remaining cut out pieces. One of the best things about this card design is although it looks really solid it actually folds fairly flat and fits in an A5 envelope. Here are some more photos.

Close up of some of the pop up elements

Close up of front flap

Close up of side flap

Panel under the side flap

Back of the card ready to write on

Close up of other flap

Under the flap

Card folded flat ready for envelope

A super card for a super dad

I hope you like my latest creation, I really enjoyed making this card and I've a couple of ideas for different versions that I'd like to make including a butterfly version and a dolphin birthday card version for my sister-in-law, I've even ordered a couple of dolphin dies so I can make one :).

As always if you have any questions or comments please leave them in the usual places and I'll respond to them as soon as I can. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,


Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx