Translate

Sunday 16 August 2015

A small card share

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all well and having a fantastic weekend. I'm not feeling too good at the moment so I've not been in a very crafty frame of mind. However I did manage to drag myself to the crudy and make a couple of cards in the last couple of days. The first card I'd like to share is a box card for my lovely niece Bethany who celebrated her 6th birthday yesterday (Saturday 15th).

A zoo in a box!

Lions and Zebras and Bears oh my!
I got given these glittered stickers years ago and even though I really like them I've never got around to using them apart from the odd one. The stickers are translucent and obviously if I used them as they are they'd stick to each other so I mounted them on white card and fussy cut around them. I did the rabbit first but didn't like how it looked so left a slight white border around the other images. I made the box card in the usual way and added panels of DCWV scrapbook cardstock. I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the stack but all the card/paper in it is green and it's at least two years old. I won two lots of DCWV scrapbook 12" x 12" paper stacks from card making competitions a couple of years ago and I have them stored in a cupboard with limited access, I just take the designs I like most out every now and again and have them in plastic storage bags near my desk. I shall try to write down the names of the stacks the papers come from in future. I used some packaging to make the acetate part of the card which is a bit stiffer than what I normally use so the card doesn't jiggle as much as usual. The round birthday sentiment was a freebie from one of the magazines I subscribe to from ages ago.

New Home Tree House card

Close up of Hunkydory topper

Letter Tiles - M coloured with ProMarkers
Due to not feeling very well I kept this new home card for my sister-in-law very simple and actually resorted to a card kit. I used to get the Hunkydory Magazine from my local craft shop but they no longer sell it and every issue came with a "free" card making kit featuring Adorable Scoreable card and toppers. If I'm honest although I admired the designs I very rarely used them because I prefer to make my own toppers etc with stamps and die cuts so I have loads of the free packs in a box file. This design was one of them. The tree house reminds me of the magic faraway tree from the books by Enid Blyton and as Susan has three beautiful girls (two at the right age to fall in love with old Moonface etc) I thought this topper would be perfect to welcome them to their new home. I added some Dovecraft glitter glue to the main topper to give it some sparkle and changed the colour of the 'm' in the sentiment because I'd got three identical colours in a row if I left it uncoloured.

I hope you like my latest creations, hopefully I'll perk up soon and have some more projects to share. If you have any questions, comments etc then please leave them in the usual places. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx