Translate

Saturday 29 August 2015

Circles easel card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! Have you got anything exciting planned for this bank holiday weekend? We haven't apart from going shopping first thing tomorrow morning in a bid to escape the worst of the day trippers. Bridlington is a wonderful place to live but in all honesty I prefer it when the summer holidays are over and it's not so crowded. I know Chris does too because not everyone is considerate or attentive enough to make allowances for his long white cane and he's forever apologising for other people bumping into him when really they should pay a little less attention to their phones and a little more to where they are going! Sorry mini rant over.

Well Done card for Ross

Say "Cheese!" 

Double layered banner easel stopper

I realised yesterday that I'd made a card for Charlie passing her G.C.S.E.s but not one for my sister's partner's son passing his second year of a three year course at college and felt a little guilty about it especially as he loves getting handmade cards from me. I couldn't think of what to make him but after seeing a circle easel card featured in a Sizzix programme on the new craft channel HOCHANDA, I decided to have a go at making one. Photography is part of the course that Ross has completed so I decided to use a Sizzix mini camera die and a star die (because he's a star for passing) also from Sizzix. I don't have many circle dies so I made the card blank and the topper part of  the easel with the biggest die I have which is a Sizzix Bigz 3" circle die, this is actually a good size to use as the camera and star diecuts are quite small. I also die cut a banner twice, once using holographic card and then using white card and I layered them together then popped them up on mini foam pads to make the easel stopper. I couldn't find a suitable well done or congratulations stamp so I used some W H Smiths rub on letters that I bought about 6 years ago. I even made a little smiley face emoticon out of the punctuation. I added some star stickers and peel offs as shown as it looked a bit bare without them. I think it would benefit from a thin holographic frame but it's too late to add it now as everything is well stuck down.

I hope you like this quick card, it wasn't as difficult as I'd expected it to be so I'd like to have another go soon. I've been a bit naughty and ordered a couple of packs of Action Wobblers from Amazon, they have to be shipped from the USA so I won't get them for a while but I'm really excited about experimenting with them. I'm hoping they come by the earliest arrival date which is Friday 11th September and not the last date 1st October as I'd love to use one as part of my POTY entry, they are so fun and quirky and they just might help my entry stick out that bit more ;). As always if you have any comments or questions please leave them in the usual places. Enjoy your bank holiday weekend and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx