Translate

Tuesday 27 October 2015

1st Birthday Card for Isobel

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you all had a brilliant weekend. Today is my niece's first birthday and I'd like to share the card I made for her.

Teeny Tiny Tatty Teddy Card
This Teeny Tiny Tatty Teddy image is actually supposed to be a boy but I gave him a quick sex change by adding a Papermania spotted ribbon once I'd coloured it in with Flexmarkers. I added some Glossy Accents to the nose to make it shine and stamped a balloon string rising from her hand. The balloon is a sticker from my stash and I coloured a silver 1 with pink Flexmarker so it stands out better. I made a 5.5" square card blank from 300gsm card and added some Dovecraft Basics III 6" x 6" scrapbook paper trimmed down to 5" square. This was stuck to the front of the card blank with double sided tape. I trimmed the topper down to the size shown (I judged it by eye so no measurements - sorry) and adhered it to the centre of the card as shown. I added some solid holographic flower stickers to the front as it looked a tad bare plus I managed to get smudges of pink ink on the front and the flowers covered them up.

Inside of card

For the inside, I coloured the silver sentiment with the pink pen and carefully added it to the centre of the card blank. I added a flower outline sticker and a solid flower to mirror the outside of the card.

Here are a few more photos taken from different angles etc.

Isn't the ribbon bow sweet!

Close up of Teeny Tiny Tatty Teddy

Close up of 1 balloon

For some reason I've had a lot of trouble making a card for Isobel, I had planned on making a pop up box card but it kept going wrong. This is a simpler design but I quite like it.

I haven't made my shadow box frame as planned but hopefully I'll have it to share with you in the next couple of days. As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx