Translate

Sunday 11 October 2015

Box with Drawer

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a good weekend. I saw a brilliant tutorial on Youtube to make a box cube with a drawer recently, so decided to give it a go. The tutorial I followed was posted by Linda Parker, it's a really long video (28 mins) but her instructions are very good and she makes and decorates the box in real time as far as I can tell.





Linda used Stampin' Up card stock but I wanted a vintage feel to my box so used dual sided kraft card stock which is kraft on one side and white on the other, I prefer solid kraft card but have quite a lot of this two colour card so need to use it up. The kraft side is rather attractive so if anyone is interested in buying some it's from Every Craft's A Pound website. Linda used ribbon on her drawer to pull it out but I've got a few Tim Holtz Hitch Fasteners which look like drawer handles so I use one on this box. I like the effect so I've ordered a few more packs from Amazon so I can make some more. If you want to make your own box (it's surprisingly roomy) then please check out Linda Parker's channel on YouTube.

Once I've got some more hitch fasteners, I shall be making some more boxes and stacking them together to make a set of storage drawers. Each drawers uses 2 sheets of A4 card but if you had a lot of card the same colour these boxes would be fantastic stacked together to make an Advent calendar and it's one that could be re-used for many years to come, I'm thinking about making one myself but with ribbon pulls instead of the hitch fasteners.

This might not be the most exciting project I've shared but the boxes have a lot of potential and I'm looking forward to making more in the week to come.

As always if you have any questions or comments please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx