Translate

Tuesday 15 December 2015

My comp entry

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all well and are prepared for Christmas - I'm not. My copy of Papercraft Essentials arrived today and it's announced it's winner and runners up of the Papercrafter of the Year competition. I haven't got my entry sent back but then it was nearly four months before I got last year's returned and that was in someone else's box with their details scribbled over with a black marker. As I don't want to wait four months until they get around to sending my cards and project back, I thought I'd share them with you now as I took photos before sending it off.

Alice in Wonderland Shadow Box

For the project element of the entry I made an "Alice in Wonderland" themed shadow box. The base is made from a 12" x 12" piece of black card stock and I added panels of embossed black card onto the sides to make the shadow box look wider than it is. I highlighted the embossed areas of the black card with silver gilding wax. I quilled a 3D toadstool and made a mini pack of cards using a heart stamp and rounded the corners with a punch. The roses have been 'painted' red using a Promarker. I stamped and coloured a Docrafts Simply Gorjuss image from their 'Alice' range. The pocket watch was made using a Xcut set of dies and the metal keys and clock pieces were from Papermania. The faux metal frame was from my stash as were the jewels and the little bottle. I added a 'Drink Me' label to the neck of the tiny bottle. I really love the end result and can't wait to get it back so it can have place of pride on my wall.

You've already seen this...
My first card is one I've previously shown and it featured the HOTP steampunk colorist image.



Sorry these pictures aren't very clear - the mirror card is so shiny it effects the focus of the camera and it can't be altered manually as my camera is very basic. This card is very simple but I loved the unusual card fold and decided to do a bit of water colour envelope art to accompany it. The mirror card it embossed using two embossing folders and I added jewels to highlight parts of it. Although it is very 3D it folds completely flat for posting. It isn't the easiest card to make though as you have to align the front and middle panels very carefully otherwise they won't stand upright.

If you have any questions or comments about this post then please leave them in the usual places. I'm working on some Christmas cards and gifts so hopefully I'll be adding another post soon. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx