Translate

Saturday 13 February 2016

A card for a man inspired by a baby card - a CASE card (just found out that stands for Copy And Share Everything!)

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all well and ready for the Valentine's weekend, whether you are spending it as a twosome or on your lonesome I hope you have a brilliant one.

I'd like to share a birthday card I made for one of my husband's friends which was inspired by a baby card tutorial on YouTube by Carissa Wiley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kUVwU4WW1g . I knew I wanted a mustache on the card as I've a couple of stamp sets that feature them and also a Cat's Pyjamas die set (unfortunately now a lot smaller than before I made the card as I dropped one of the dies and it's just vanished - those pesky craft gremlins again!)


I wanted to keep this card pretty simple as "men don't like fussy cards" (so says my husband). I love the Hickory Smoke Distress ink so I used this to stamp a chevron background stamp on a scrap piece of grey card for a tone on tone effect, I also stamped a scrap of white card stock  which I then die cut using a circle die. I edged the outside with the same ink. I die cut a fish tail panel using a Sizzix die and added more Hickory Smoke ink around the edges. I die cut the mustache out of corrugated card and added a touch of ink round the edge to tie everything together. I stamped a Happy Birthday to the circle and added the 'tashe above it using sticky foam tape. I then arranged everything as shown and adhered it all to a 5" square card blank.

I haven't made my dad-in-law's card yet so that's a project for tomorrow. I really enjoyed making this card, it makes a pleasant change not to have images to colour in and I think it suits my husband's friend's personality to a tee!

I should have a couple of cards to share with you after the weekend. As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx