Translate

Monday 18 July 2016

Unicorns and Heatwaves

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a brilliant weekend and if you are in the UK - how's the heatwave for you?? I'm finding it a bit hot to do much apart from laying around gasping like a fish out of water lol. My crudy is probably the worst room because it's so small and packed to the gills and it tends to be a degree or so warmer than the rest of the flat except in winter when it's a few degrees colder! This hasn't stopped me from crafting though, I've just done it in spurts rather than having a long crafting sesh. Ideally I'd quite like to craft outdoors but having a shared garden and extremely nosy neighbours prevents this so I'd just have to grin and bear it :) - knowing typical British summers I doubt it'll last too long in any case especially as a lot of kids break up for the summer holidays at the end of this week. Enough weather talk, it's time for the important things in life -crafting! I was very lucky a few weeks ago to win two Facebook giveaways within 48 hours of each other. One of them still hasn't arrived but the second one came within two days of being notified of my win. I've not really had a lot of time to have a play with my lovely new stamps and deco-patch papers but I really love my gorgeous prize from Quick Cards Made Easy.




Close up of the unicorns
 The stamps are the Rainbow Greetings and Magical Unicorns by MFT (My Favorite Things) which I absolutely love!!! I really want the matching dies for the Magical Unicorns but they are £23.25 at the moment so I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that they'll come down in price after a while. I was inspired by AmyR on YouTube (Prairie Paper & Ink) who made some beautiful Unicorn fridge magnets using the Magical Unicorns stamp set, matching dies and Xyron creative station's magnet cartridge. I only own the stamps so made my own version by fussy cutting the unicorns and adding magnetic tape to the backs - obviously mine aren't as sturdy as they aren't laminated or have the magnetic backing but I was still pretty pleased with the result.



I made these to give to my sister-in-law so added small pieces of the magnetic tape to a pre-made box (I made this ages ago using my envelope punch board) and stuck the magnets to these so they don't move about in the box. As you can see from the second photo I added lots of Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen over the images. These unicorns are super sweet and with a bit of masking you can turn them into ordinary horses (though why would you want to do that!) you just need to add a thin line of pen at the top of the horse's fringe where it's covered by the mask. I'm in the middle of making a cloud/unicorn floating box card to send to QCME magazine as a thank you for my lovely prize and I'll share it with you once I've completed it. I hope you like my latest project, please check out AmyR on YouTube to see what inspired me and as always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx