Translate

Monday 22 August 2016

Creepy or Cute?

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you all had a brilliant weekend and got up to lots of crafty adventures. It was my lovely hubby's birthday on Sunday and as he loves sugar skulls I made him a pop up box card full of them.





I cut all 15 skulls out using the skull and torso die that's part of the skeleton Perfect Partners by Sheena Douglass (Crafter's Companion) die set and just placed the card over the skull and not the full die to do some partial diecutting. I decorated the skulls by raiding my stamp collections and finding as many small flowers as possible - Tatty Twinkles stamps were where I got most of them from. I stamped them in black and added black dots round some eye sockets and over the embossed teeth. I coloured the open parts of the flowers with marker pens.

I made the pop up box in the usual way and cut panels of Centura Pearl black card stock to the required sizes then I embossed them using a Darice Crosses embossing folder making sure that each piece was placed slightly different to the others so they are all slightly different. Once embossed I added these panels to the card base. I stuck the decorated skulls onto thin strips of acetate and added them to the inner struts of the card, staggering them so they are all different sizes.



I made an envelope using my WRMK envelope punch board and then added Chris's name on the right hand side using metal letters mounted onto a strip of black card. I added tiny slivers of foam tape behind the metal letters so they are raised slightly above the black card.

Chris really liked his card and his first reaction to it was "Wow! It looks like the audience of a KISS concert!" - Priceless!

I must be honest this isn't to everyone's taste - I'm not even sure if it's to mine and I can't work out if it's cute or rather creepy lol. The main thing is that Chris loves it, even if no-one else does.

As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places as I'd love to hear from you. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx