Translate

Saturday 17 September 2016

Twisted Gatefold Card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a good week and have something wonderful planned for the weekend. My mum is rather poorly at the moment with pleurisy so I've made a card for her to try and cheer her up. She loves butterflies so I've tried my hand at making a twisted gatefold card with a die cut butterfly embellishment on the front.





The papers used to decorate this card were from the Crafters' Companion 'Kimono' 8" x 8" paperstack and are beautifully glittered. The wavy circle was cut out using a die then embossed using an Xcut embossing folder. I used a circle die to cut out the circle and a Sara Signature die for the butterfly which I die cut twice, once in black for the outline then adding the negative pieces from one cut out of white. I added some wire for the feelers and some pale blue gems for the body. I also added the same coloured gems around the outer edge of the die cut circle as shown.

I really like how this card turned out especially as by using the wavy circle the dips act as a stopper for the opposite gatefold which is a happy accident.  If anyone is interested on how I made this card then please let me know in the comments section and if you have any other questions or comments then please leave them in the same place. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx