Translate

Thursday 6 October 2016

60th Pop Up Box Card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you're all having a brilliant week, it's nearly the weekend so that means lots of crafty goodness to look forward to. I had my best friend Adam and his lovely wife Victoria stop by for a visit on Monday on the way to celebrate Adam's mum's 60th birthday. Perfect timing as it meant I could get Adam to hand deliver the card I'd made for her rather than sending it through the post. For such a significant birthday I decided to make one of my favourite styles of card - a pop up box card. Ros is such a star that it seemed appropriate to make her a box full of them with die cut 60s floating amongst them.






I used a set of star dies from Xcut which I got in a recent order from Every Craft's A Pound. ECAP have got a shiny new website with lots of new features and although not all items are just a pound, they remain fantastic value not least as you now get free P&P on orders over £30. This die set was only £3.00. The numbers were cut out using a die from Sizzix which didn't come from ECAP - unfortunately. I die cut the stars out of black card and silver mirror card and the numbers were diecut out of holographic card. The top flaps of the box were matted and layered using the black card and some rather lush holographic stars card which went perfectly with the star theme. The sides of the box under the flaps were matted and layered with black card and plain silver card except for the front panel which had white card for the top layer so I could write my birthday message.

Apparently there's a trick to make the box pop open as soon as it comes out of the envelope involving a rubber band but I've not come across instructions on how to get it to work. If I find them or manage to work out how to do it on my own then I'll share it here on my blog.

My next big event is my niece Charlie's 18th birthday on the 16th - I can't believe she's an adult, it doesn't feel like five minutes since she was flashing her bum at the security cameras at the local bank (she was only a toddler at the time I should point out!) For years I waited for it to appear on "You've Been Framed" (I've never done a search on YouTube though!!) but luckily it hasn't so far. Enough of niece bashing (lol) I'm thinking about making a similar sort of card for Charlie but with 18s instead of 60s. I don't usually get the opportunity to see my sister's kids on their birthdays so try to keep their cards postable (if you know what I mean), as I'll be seeing Charlie on her birthday, I'll be able to make her card as bulky as I want without worrying about how much it'll cost to send or it getting damaged in the post. It gives me lots of options on what sort of card to make so I may make several versions on the run up to her birthday.

I hope you like my latest make, as always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places. I hope you all have abrilliant weekend and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx