Translate

Sunday 16 October 2016

Happy 18th Birthday Charlie and some spooky milk cartons

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! Today is a very special day as my niece Charlie turns 18! I don't see my sister and her kids as often as I'd like so I'm making the most out of seeing them today by taking an early Halloween treat for her kids that still live at home. I fell in love with the milk carton embossing board that came free with one of my magazines last year so I decided to get it out again and make some spooky milk cartons filled with Halloween treats. I don't celebrate Halloween so apart from one stamp set that I bought during a Clearly Besotted Stamps sale and a skeleton die from Crafters' Companion, I don't own a  lot in the theme of Halloween. Luckily I do have lots of different coloured card stock and I must confess to a sneaky purchase on ebay of a spider web die, so with a little imagination I've come up with these.











All the milk cartons are a variation of the theme but I did change things a little bit more for the birthday girl - I used Centura Pearl card and black fabric glitter tape for that added bit of bling and embossed the scary face and BOO! using white detailed embossing powder instead of stamping in black. I coloured the tiny skull pegs using a black flexmarker and added details (stripes and dots) using a white gel pen. Since taking the photos I have coloured in the naked skull peg to match the others. I added some cheap pearl effects which actually flattened out instead of staying 3D (lesson learnt!) but apart from that, I'm pleased with how they've come out. Hopefully the kids will like them as much as I did making them.

I've made a couple of cards for Charlie which I'll be sharing with you tomorrow all being well - I want the birthday girl to see the cards first. As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx