Translate

Friday 4 November 2016

We will Rock You (a rocker card and a scarecrow card)

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all well and had a good weekend last week and are looking forward to this one. Sorry it's been a while since I added a post, it's been a busy week or so. I've got a couple of cards to share with you today which I made for my niece's 2nd birthday last week.






This was my first time making a rocker card from scratch and it took me nearly 5 hours in total because things kept going wrong. I don't own any large circle dies (biggest is about 4") so I had to draw around circular objects and cut them out. To be honest I do own  a Fiskars circles shape and cut but like a lot of craft items, it isn't designed for left handed people and the blade actually falls out of the housing as I try to cut around the circles - still the circle templates themselves come in useful for drawing round even if that's not their intended purpose. I really love the Tiny Tatty Teddy Girl Die that I bought from The Works about a month ago, the die set is £10 at The Works but they were having a 25% flash sale so I bagged myself a bargain. If you are in the UK and have a store near you then it's well worth signing up for their newsletter as they have money off codes regularly, if you spend over £20 you can get free delivery but they have a free click and collect option if you spend under that and don't want to pay £2.99 postage. The TTT girl bear die embosses as it die cuts so all the detail you can see on the bear comes from that and I went over it with a black glaze pen. I cut it out using a pale grey card and coloured it in using Flexmarkers. I added a die cut bow and highlighted the bear and bow with Dovecraft Glitter glue in either Rose, Topaz or Clear. I added some die cut balloons to some acetate and wrapped baker's twine around it before adding a mini tag to weigh them down. The acetate means the balloons float above the card (makes it difficult to find an envelope for it to go into though).



My second card featured a scarecrow with die cut clouds and a distressed ink background. The stamp set came from Buddly Crafts and I can't recall the brand but I think it may be Kars. The images in this set are very cute and I fussy cut around the scarecrow and hill scene and added it to a panel of distress inked card stock. If I'd used my brain then it would have been easier to stamp the scene first and cut it out and stamp the scarecrow separately instead of trying to fussy cut it all in one go. The clouds were made using a Sara's Signature die and I ran it through a paper crimper before rubbing over the clouds with a bit of distress ink left on the sponge applicator from colouring the sky.

I hope you like my latest creations, I've been taking part in a colouring challenge and I'll have more details on this in my next post. As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx