Translate

Wednesday 8 March 2017

In the Pink

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a good weekend, Chris and I babysat two of our nieces on Saturday which was a lot of fun but rather exhausting - toddlers have a lot of energy!

I'm still enjoying making the 1,2,3 fold card so I have a couple more example to share and another pink themed card (not a 1,2,3 fold card this time).











The Miss Chatterbox card is for one of my great nieces (both celebrate their birthdays this month). The papers came from Trimcraft and I just fussy cut around one of the Miss Chatterbox printed on a paper and added it to a stitched die cut circle as shown. I added spots of clear shimmer marker for extra interest and a polka dotted adhesive ribbon to the belly band.  The second card featuring the baby giraffe is for my other great niece and I also used some papers from Trimcraft. The baby giraffe die was from Ebay and is called a baby cow on the website. I added a diecut flag and a sentiment from my stash to the belly band. The thank you card features a stamp set which came free with one of my magazine subscriptions. I coloured the image in using ProMarkers then covered the entire panel with clear shimmer marker so it really sparkles when you move it.

I hope you like my latest creations. If you'd like more details on how any of the cards were made then please let me know in the comments section. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

2 comments:

  1. There brilliant cards-could you let me know the measurements for the 1-2-3 card please??? I have two 70th birthday cards (Uncle & Mother in Law) and a very good friends 50th birthday card to make and want something a bit different.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, Here they are (hope you don't mind working in a mixture of inches and cms). Cut a sheet of A4 card to 5 1/2" x it's full length. Score at 4 1/2 cm, 12 cm and 19 1/2 cm. fold the score lines so the short front panel has its crease on the left side (m,v,m folds). The decorative papers are cut 2 1/2 cm x 13 1/2 cm, 7 cm x 13 1/2 cm and 4 cm x 13.5 cm. For the belly band I just cut a 1" piece of card from what was left after cutting down the A4 sheet, wrapped it around the card then cut off the excess parts on the ends. You only need one sheet of 6" x 6" paper to decorate the card though you may need extra for the belly band. Stamping Jill on Youtube made the original version using scrapbook card but I've adapted it for A4 size card, it's only slightly narrower than the original. She called it a 12 x 12 Fun Fold Card, but I prefer a 1,2,3 card because it's as easy as 1,2,3 lol.

      I hope this helps and I can't wait to see what you make.

      Crafty hugs,
      Sarah xxx

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx