Translate

Saturday 9 December 2017

A card to share...

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a brilliant week and are ready for a cold weekend ahead - at least the wintery weather is a good excuse to stay indoors and do some crafting. Well so much for my plan to make and share a card every day using the dies from my Crafter's Companion advent calendar - I forgot to take one little thing into consideration when I made that plan - I don't actually like a lot of the dies that came free, eek! In themselves they are quite sweet but most of them are really not to my taste, are quite small and fiddly to use because they have lots of die cut inlaid parts to them like bows and things, and I couldn't even work out what the die was on day two (I thought it was a pineapple to begin with!). There are a few dies that I probably will use, a flower garland, a very pretty butterfly and the word 'celebrate' but the first die the snowflake remains my favourite up to the 8th anyway. I've not really had a lot of time this week to make Christmas cards because I've been concentrating on making a steampunk Gorjuss Girls card for my sister who celebrates her birthday tomorrow. It probably doesn't look like it but her card took me around 3 days to make on and off mainly because there was a lot of die cutting involved.









The images are from 'The Hatter' Gorjuss Girls stamp set and they were stamped onto Sheena's Stamping card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured in with Pro Markers. The top hat and hearts were diecut out of the same card stock and coloured in with Pro Markers. The hat was die cut four times before being layered together with wet glue to form a thick embellishment - the gears on the hat were die cut from the same card and coloured with Papermania Metallic markers. The gems were added using blobs of wet glue to keep them in place. All the other die cut gears and cogs were cut out of scraps of holographic and plain silver card. The flowers were die cut out of the white card and coloured with Pro Markers (crimson and burgundy). The 6" square card front was made using white card ( Bristol Board in this particular case) and ink blended with Fired Brick Distress Ink and Black Soot Distress Ink, it was further distressed using a distress spray bottle. The card blank is a twisted easel card blank from Every Craft's A Pound, £1 for a pack of 3 with envelopes, they aren't quite 6" square so the front piece over hangs at one side and at the top.

I really like this card and it looks a lot better in real life (my camera is really rubbish!) I just hope my sister likes it. As always if you have any comments or questions then please leave them in the usual places and until next time - happy crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx



1 comment:

  1. WOW-what a stunning card Sarah. It’s really lovely & I’m sure your sister will love it.

    Pity about the Dies in the Advent calendar but hopefully there will be more that you like in the next 2 weeks..

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx