Translate

Friday 1 December 2017

On the first day of December Crafter's Companion gave to me...

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you have all had a good week - hasn't December come around fast! We had snow yesterday (in fact our town made the 6 o'clock news on the BBC) but most of it has vanished after a spell of heavy rain.

Yesterday I was thrilled to receive an unexpected gift from Crafter's Companion - an Advent calendar! I love Advent Calendars but I don't tend to buy them just for me, so I was especially pleased to have one filled with small dies and not the usual chocolate - though crafting and crafting do tend to go together well.


What's behind door No.1?

A pretty snowflake die! 

Here are three cards I made using the lovely snowflake die that was behind door number 1.









The first two cards are both A6 in size and although they are very similar there are a couple of differences. The blue square panels were made using a Woodware square punch and I punched out three squares for each card out of blue star holographic card (1) and blue glitter card (2). The snowflakes were die cut out using the first free die from the Advent calendar and one is of plain silver card while the other two are diecut out of holographic card. The snowflakes were adhered to the square panels using wet glue and a gem was added to the centres to finish them off. The A6 card blanks were made from a hint of silver Centura Pearl cardstock. The sentiment is one from a stamp set from my stash and was stamped onto Sheena's Stamping card using Versafine Onyx Black ink before being cut out with a fishtail banner die. The panels were added to the card blanks as shown using d/s foam pads and the sentiments were either added flat or using thin foam tape. I added 3 cup sequins to one card and 3 flat sequins with gem centres to the other.

The tall skinny card was made using the same supplies but I used Sheena's Stamping card for the card base (4 1/4" x 7") and flicked dark blue Spectrum Noir Shimmer brush marker over it first. I heat set the splatters before adding the square panels. On this card there are two holographic squares with plain silver snowflakes and one glitter square with a holographic snowflake in the centre. I added three flat sequins and clear gems as shown along with a sentiment.

I hope you like my latest makes - I love this snowflake die (it's my favourite from the Advent calendar so far lol) and I'm really pleased with the cards I made using it. It doesn't use alot of supplies and in fact apart from the card blanks, everything was made using scraps of card so it's a good way of using up those scraps that end up taking so much room! This card style is a good one for making lots of cards because you can make them in batches and either keep them identical or ring the changes with a few additions such as sequins, gems or even splatters. If you do add splatters make sure they are totally dry because it is very frustrating to nearly finish a card only to realise you've smudged it.

I've no idea what else is in my lovely Advent calendar and I'm hoping to share a card made using the contents each day up to Christmas Day (there are 25 windows to open but I can't promise to have time to make a card every day and it's especially doubtful on Christmas Day itself as I'll be busy cooking lunch for my mum, husband and myself) hopefully I will have shared lots of quick makes perfect for anyone else who's as unorganised as I am this year (and last year, and the year before that...) before the big day itself.

As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

1 comment:

  1. What lovely cards, my favourite ones are the ones with the Splatter on them.

    The Advent calendar is a great idea-not seen that before, how lucky are to receive that, it’s brilliant.

    We still don’t know what’s happening over Christmas but I’m sure we won’t go hungry.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx