Translate

Thursday 22 February 2018

Birthday Cards

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend, I'm sorry I've not posted the Blog challenge cards but my camera turned out to be a battery eater as I suspected and I've only got some new AAA batteries today! I haven't had time to put them in my camera yet but hope to have the cards up over the weekend (mind you I said that last week!!!)

There's been a couple of family birthdays in the last week or so so I thought I'd share one of the cards I made with you today. This card is an extra special card for my dad-in-law who recently turned 65. He's a keen photographer so I decided to make him a pop up polaroid card inspired by one I saw featured in the questions pages of a craft magazine. Because the main focus should be on the inside, I kept the outside panel simple using an embossing folder by Sara Davies.











I used thin washi tape for the three coloured stripes on the camera, matt silver card for the main part of the camera, silver mirror card for the metallic elements such as the flash and the view finder, black glitter card for the lens, flash, view finder and button, red foil card for the heart and black card for the pop up part of the camera. The polaroid photo was made with a piece of black card matted onto a piece of white like a polaroid picture. I stamped out the greeting in white ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder (I used my anti static bag first to prevent stray powder sticking to the card in other places). I've actually made a second card in this style because it was so much fun (though rather time consuming) to make and I'll be sharing it along with some instructions on how to make this impressive card at a later date.

I was hoping to share a card I made for my niece but unless it's on my camera (which needs new batteries) I must have forgotten to take any photos of  it and I can't even remember what it was like lol.

Hopefully this card is enough for now, if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx



1 comment:

  1. WOW-what an amazing card!!! It’s a work of art & I’m sure your Father in Law will love it.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx